Discover why you aren't earning as much, saving as much or being valued as much as much as men in this astonishing dissection of the gender wealth gap
'A nuanced look at the institutional oppression faced by women on a daily basis' Dazed
'It is refreshing to see Williams challenge well-worn sexist myths' i
The modern world is rigged unfairly in men's favour, from pensions to the tampon tax, bearing children to boardroom bullying. Exploring these injustices, Annabelle Williams, former financial journalist for The Times, shows how society conspires to limit women's wealth.
Did you know . . .
· The NHS spends more on Viagra than helping single mother families eat healthily
· Female entrepreneurs only receive 1p in every £1 of funding given to start-up businesses
· Women are the majority of the elderly poor
· There are more men called Dave running the UK's top 100 companies than there are women altogether
· Women do 60% more unpaid work than men
Economies thrive when women do well, and only by understanding why women are poorer than men can we finally end this unfair disparity between the sexes.
Why Women Are Poorer Than Men reveals how we got here and what all of us can do to fix it.
'Annabelle Williams uncovers the realities of money in the modern world, and what exactly we can do about the fact that women are poorer than men' Stylist
'Goes beyond talks of glass ceilings and gender pay gaps to a more nuanced look at the institutional oppression faced by women on a daily basis' Dazed